Monday, October 8, 2007

Eclipse Summit Europe: The Day Before

My flight from Toronto to Frankfurt yesterday afternoon was on time and very nice. Out of tact, I won't describe just how nice it was. The flight from Frankfurt to Stuttgart this morning was only slightly late. And the taxi ride was fast, i.e., 170km/h at times. I certainly got to the hotel in good time and they had my room ready when I arrived, so I could catch up on a bit of lost sleep.

I had a little bit of time to explore before dinner. The forum looks to be a nice venue.


It didn't take me long to find a cool garden too.


I ran into Don and Lynn, but they were eating early so I walked with them to their restaurant. Later, this snake caught my eye on the way to dinner with the Architecture Council folks, Michael, Pavel (I hope I spelled it right), Bjorn, the two Dougs, and Jeff.


It was a small but tasteful group and later we were joined by Ralph, Wayne and company, so it got to be a big group. Some of us left to make room for the late arrivals, and we strolled through the pretty town in the dark.


I'm looking forward to the modeling symposium and the sponsor's dinner tomorrow night.

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

No comments: